Today is World Hepatitis Day and this year’s theme is “Elimination.” The World Health Organization (WHO) recently adopted the first ever Elimination Strategy for Viral Hepatitis that calls for “rigorous application of universal precautions for all invasive medical interventions and promotion of injection safety measures…”
World Hepatitis Day is a great way to raise awareness about injection safety. Here are six ways you and your organization can get involved!
1. Read and share Dr. John Ward’s blog, “Think NoHep this World Hepatitis Day.”
2. Check out CDC.gov’s World Hepatitis Day Feature.
3. Connect with the One & Only Campaign and the World Hepatitis Alliance on Facebook and Twitter using the official hashtags #NOhep and #WorldHepDay.
4. Join the #NOHep Thunderclap to amplify the message on social media.
5. Pledge your support for the World Hepatitis Day campaign by sharing your organizations logo on the World Hepatitis Day webpage.
Leave a comment